... in Offwell, built around 1828 as the summer residence of the Bishop of Llandaff whose family were village rectors for generations, is handsome, Grade II listed Offwell House. Adjoining is the north wing, topped with a pretty dovecote and wrought iron weather vane, where the former stables, coach house and hayloft have been finely converted with flair and thought into three good cottages; all well done, good quality and attractively furnished with much style throughout. A sweeping gravelled drive (shared with main house where friendly owners and their young family live) leads to the front of the cottages and an enclosed, partly tree-shaded area, grassed in parts and shared by The Stables and The Coach House, each with own table/chairs (also small sitting-out area within rear courtyard); the first-floor Hayloft has a small, private balcony (table/chairs). Alongside, the owners’ grassy, wild meadow (which you, and dogs on leads, are welcome to wander) and access to 50 acres of public woodland with large wildlife ponds (unfenced - children take care). Shared tennis court in owners' walled garden. Laundry room (washing machine, tumble drier, sink) in rear courtyard. Smart, stylish interiors with original features cleverly incorporated. Pretty location.
Adjoining the main house, The Stables (see arrow 1): gravelled path to front door; 2 steps down to good-sized, open-plan living/dining room (TV/DVD, iPod dock), light and airy with high ceiling, laminate floor/large rug, electric ‘living flame’ fire, big dining table (views to church), original tack pegs and door to rear courtyard (small sitting-out area, table/chairs). Downstairs loo. Kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, fridge-freezer, gas hob/electric oven) with smart, fitted cream units, back door to rear courtyard and stairs (stairgates) up to two bedrooms – a double with white wrought iron bed and en suite bathroom (suite plus bath-shower), and a room with two singles (wardrobe on landing) and en suite shower-room (suite).